Monday, November 19, 2007

COPS Seasons?! and JAIL

Well folks, a long-time wish of most COPS fans I know has become a reality. It seems the show finally wised up and is releasing the shows by season! I happened upon this on a whim surfing the iTunes store. They are currently on season 20 having just released the 700th episode. That's crazy to think about using todays standard running time for shows, even really popular shows. Most shows that I've heard of don't go past the 7 season mark (and that's being generous). For all you haters out there (a.k.a. people who have made fun of me for loving this show so much), 20 seasons speaks for itself. And I fully intend to watch all 20 seasons at some point. :)

In addition to this wonderful news, I discovered something that, in my book, has immense potential...a brand-new show from the producers of COPS entitled JAIL. Now, folks, I can't explain many of my interests. Many would think they lie on the depressing side, but I find such things as police, drugs, and jail to be fascinating. My leanings toward police and drugs have been quinched by such great shows as COPS and Intervention, but only now is there a reality tv program applying the COPS style to the prison context. Now, I haven't actually seen this show (as I am just discovering it and it hasn't made it to Mexico yet), but as far as potential goes, it's got what it takes to get me excited. Here's the description from MyNetworkTV.com:

"You’ve seen ’em do the crime, now see ’em get the time. From John Langley, producer of the groundbreaking Cops, comes the next big law enforcement reality series Jail. Shot on location in cities across the U.S., Jail follows prison inmates from their initial booking through their first moments behind bars. Each episode captures the harsh and sometimes humorous reality of what happens to criminals after they’re caught."

2 comments:

Moon Rain said...

you're hilarious.. usually when you don't mean to be..it's just funny that you accidentally found this out, because you had to have been searching for it somehow.

hey i remember you told me you would have been a cop, if you weren't doing all this other stuff. (i just labeled the great commission as "other stuff"...ridiculous).

officer weatherholtz!

Anonymous said...

dude, i actually watched a few minutes of "Jail" last night and it is just as good as "Cops" is. i know you'll love it.