Monday, February 18, 2008

Morning Yearning




Thought I would post the video, which I just discovered, of my favorite song off of Ben Harper's "Both Sides of the Gun." The song is called "Morning Yearning," and, as you'll see, the video is really beautiful. The cinemotography leaves you speechless. Interestingly enough, it was directed by Heath Ledger. According to someone who posted this video on YouTube, Ledger actually asked Harper to right a song for his baby girl. Harper agreed and "Happily Ever After in Your Eyes" (the last track on the first disk of "Both Sides of the Gun" is what came out of the agreement).


On a wholly different note, aside from relationships, I think the thing I miss most about my life in the states is driving my car, rolling down the windows on a warm day, blasting a good cd, and singing along. There are very few things more relieving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the absolute best thing about living alone is blasting a good cd and singing along. no shame. i never really do that in the car because i'm such a bad driver i HAVE to pay attention to what i'm doing, or i'll die. so that feeling you get in your car, i get just sitting here in my apartment. that's probably the only thing i'll miss if i ever get another roommate.

especially rap.

it's true. i rap when i'm alone.

and once to ashley in our dorm room. hahaha.

tlphillipsjr said...

pretty cool story